Sunday, January 25, 2009

How Rude!

So I really didnt know if I should be angry or if I should take it as a compliment for my sister. Let me explain........

While we were in Utah, my sister took some really cute pictures of Gabriel. Then we picked out some pictures that we like from those that she took and one from the hospital and my sister designed some baby announcements for us on Photoshop. They turned out great. Maybe a little too great. Well i finally got around to printing them at walmart. Originally I had planned to use the kodak kiosk and print them myself. It is more expensive, but a whole lot quicker. That plan failed because my SD card was too big and the kiosk was not equipt to handle or at least that is what the associate said. Anyway so I used the other kiosk thing and set it up to have my announcements printed in an hour. So I went and finished my shopping and came back. I came back in an hour and they were not printed. The associate said the machine was not working right and to come back in thirty minutes. She said she would give the pictures to me for free, because of the trouble. I was not bothered by that at all (i was wishing that I had printed more announcements). I came back a half an hour later and the associate, without saying anything to me, handed me the envelope with all the pictures on it. As I was walking away I saw, in big red letters, written on the envelope the word- COPYRIGHT- with a big question mark behind it. Really!? I am assuming they thought I was making illegal copies of the announcements. What I don't get is why they did not ask me about it. One of my biggest pet peeves is being accused of something I did not do. Ahhh! I was so mad and I wanted to complain to someone, but I thought to myself that I got the pictures for free and should I really push my luck. I should just walk away and be content with the gift I got. Well it obviously still bothers me a little that someone out there thinks I am that dishonest. Pooh! Well I guess my sister did a better job than we both anticipated. She is great!

4 comments:

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

You are too funny! I am not sure if it was my design that made the announcements cute but the sweet child that i took pictures of. So happy you have your little son in your arms.

ps. We know your not dishonest.

Anonymous said...

LOL Sara! I had that same experience in that very WalMart.

Except I did it with their website & went to pick them up. They wouldn't give me the pictures (I took them). I had a fit. 3 managers later I left with my pictures for free ;)

Sarah said...

Man, I thought this was pretty funny until I read Camille's comment. Well..it's still pretty funny, but who are they to make those calls? How silly that they have the guts to say your pictures are too good. I would have gone back and asked what the writing on your pictures was about - politely, of course, but just to clear my name. Even if you got them for free!

The Christensen's said...

So now that you told us all that story....we need to see the announcement!!! Wyatt and I are so happy for you!