Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Holidays in Review

Wow! The holidays were great this year! I felt like I got really spoiled over this holiday break. My favorite part was that I got to spend a lot of extra time with my hubby! Yeah! Well.... here we go!

CHRISTMAS: Yipee! I love my job because I got two weeks off and still get paid the same amount of money. Christmas Eve we traveled to my mom's house. Such a long journey..... a whole hour! lol! We were blessed to have good roads and short traveling distance. It was quite a crowded house (it makes the holidays better) but fun. Lot of good food- thanks to my wonderful mom! My brother Sheridan and his girlfriend Jess came down, which was really nice because I had not seen either in quite a while. For Christmas Aaron bought me an awesome video camera! Love it! It has a 60 GB hard drive and a mini sd slot. Serious! Totally sweet! He also got me tons (lots!) of wonder tees from Down East Basics. Coolest store ever! I love the shirts because they are super long and light and fit pretty snug so that they can go under lot of different shirts. and they are cheap (in price)! I got lots of gifts from my family too. and a few gift for our little one to be!

Birthday: My birthday was really fun this year as well! Aaron again spoiled me with a new camera (we needed some new picture taking equipment for the soon to be). My parents sent me wonderful gifts! I even got a really cool book about adoption that I am already reading (thanks mom!) I went to lunch with my sister Heather and her Husband Ben. I am so thankful for their sweet spirits in my life. They bring me so much joy! I love them. I then went to dinner with Aarons parents at a Thia food restaurant-Anongs- MY FAVORITE! And then my wonderful friend Dot made me a cake! How awesome- and it was WAY good too! I totally am blown away by her generosity! Let me tell you! I could not ask for better friends. I had so many people call or write to wish me a happy birthday. It was so much fun to check my email or facebook all day long and find so many happy wishes. My family and friends rock!!!!! Oh yeah! My friend, Kara, made me some of her homemade bread- which I crave constantly. It is so good. She has made it for me the last few years for my birthday. I just love her!

New years: Well we had a lot of fun playing games at Brandon and Dots house (we spent quite a few days playing games and hanging out over the break). We stayed up way too late and ate way too much junk food. We got home at about three in the morning and I was up the rest of the night sick. But once I threw up I was much better. Yuck! I honestly cannot remember the last time I threw up but it has been about 20 years and I think I will wait another 20 before I throw up again. EWWWW! On a positive note: Our babys birthmom is going to get induced on sunday the 1th or monday the 12th. Holy Crap! She also sent us Ultrasound pictures (thanks Dot for reminding me to ask). So neat! Sureal. Anyway it makes it a week or less tell we get our baby boy (I am calling him Gabriel- Aaron likes Myles-what do you think). So everyone start praying really hard. We need this miracle.


In the third picture he was ready to tell everyone that he is a BOY!


The next Few pics are after my birthday with the new camera!

TJ (Tim and kara's little boy) getting a piggy back ride from Aaron. They were supposed to be getting ready for bed.


TJ's new hair cut!


Charlie and Vanessa and Katelyn!



Joben (Brandon and Dots first little one) sitting long enough to get on snap shot with me!




Tavian (Brandon and Dots 2nd little one) in his Jumperoo! He loves it!





Kat (Tim and Karas little girl) deciding if she should risk opening my birthday present!






My birthday cake! A amazing jello cake made by dot! I just gotta love her!














3 comments:

Liz said...

Happy Birthday! Wow, only a week until the big day! I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!

Dot said...

Glad you had a good birthday, and that you got some ultra sound pictures too. Cute pics!

Daisha said...

Hi Sara and Aaron. I am a friend of Camille and Drew's. I have a 3 year old son named Tyce that we adopted through LDSFS...just a month after Leah came to her home!! Tyce loves Leah! Anyway...I just wanted to congratulate you on your new son!! It is an AMAZING experience. Write down your journey soon (if you haven't already)! Time goes so fast so cherish it because he will be talking back and telling you NO! soon enough!

Congrats again! I love to hear about wonderful adoption stories!!

Sleep well! LOL!!