Friday, October 24, 2008

FINALLY!

So for those of you who may not know......We are adopting! Yipee!!!!! Aaron was dropping me off at school after my lunch break and we recieved the much anticipated phone call. So on 10/24/2008 at 12:36 Aaron and I found out we are adopting a baby boy in January. January 18th to be more specific, but who knows if it will be a little sooner. I am so excited. I had to go back to work after I found out and told all of my coworkers. They were so thrilled for me. Of course I called my parents and my sisters first. I haven't called everyone in my family yet but it has been kind of a crazy day. When I ended the phone call with our case worker I just started bawling. Tears of joy of course! My sister is having a baby in early January so the two babies will be very close in age. How cool. I always thought it would be cool to have a baby the same time as one of my siblings and now it may actually happen. WOW! As always there is a risk with adoption. But my wonderful friends (thanks Dot and Kara) and family reminded me that there is a risk with regular pregnancy too. I really feel that I deserve to be excited and also nervous that everything will go okay (just like a mom who is having her own baby biologically). Anyway we have less than three months to get ready! CRAZY. Luckily we have lots of infant and 0-3 months baby boy clothes, a crib, stroller, car seat, toys, blankets, and some other random stuff already. Well I guess we will see if I can patiently for three months. Yah Right!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! You guys will be such awesome parents!

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

Oh yeah baby! Can't wait. You are going to be such a good mommy and Aaron will be a wonderful daddy. Our babies will be the same age and little buddies. Seriously I am way too excited! Love ya guys.

Lindsey said...

That is incredible! Hooray for you guys! We are excited for you and know you will both be excellent parents.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Yipee and Heck Yes! I am so excited for you two. You guys will make the best parents!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could even find the words to express how happy I am for you! SO happy.

And you DO deserve to be happy. There is no point in NOT being happy! It doesn't change anything. So enjoy yourself! Celebrate, shop, & have a wonderful time!!!

Love ya!

The Howell's said...

SARA!!!! You're going to be a mommy!!!!That's freaking awesome!! I am WAY pumped for you guys!!! Congratulations!!! I'm sure I don't have to tell you this, but keep us all posted!!!!

Heidi said...

That is sooooooo awesome! Abe and I are super duper excited...and Benjamin is too!

Erin said...

Sara and Aaron,
I know you have waited a long time for this and we are SO happy for you!!! You have always been a great example to us in patience and faith! You are going to rock as parents! Let the good times begin! :)

Leslie said...

oh my! What excitement!!! Congratulations! I'll be hoping and praying everything turns out super!

Dot said...

Can't even express how excited I am for you! You are so wonderful with my boys I know you are going to be awesome parents! Now Aaron will finally have his own little boy to wrestle with. (he will have to wait until your little one is old enough to wrestle of course) :)

mamagonda said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys!

Dashley said...

Happiness for you guys! That is wonderful- you, of course, will be awesome parents!!

Rachel and John said...

I am so happy for you guys...you will be great parents! Now all you have to do is move here! I want to see your new little one so bad when he arrives! You guys will have to come for a visit. Congrats! Love Rach