Monday, June 2, 2008

So it's been a few days...


Okay! I know, I know! It seems that time really flys by when you are feeling sick and visiting family. So, last time I wrote I was really sick and when I thought I was feeling better, I got sick again. Sick enough to send me to the emergency room. I was sick for about two weeks. Anyway I went the emergency room on a sunday because I was having extreme stomach pain. Well I got there and they found out I was dehydrated. So they started me out on an IV and then on to an Ultrasound to find out if it was my gallbladder that was causing my extreme pains. Well they couldn't find anything on the ultrasound, so in short they drugged me up and sent me home with orders for another test. Well when I came home from visiting my sister I had a test called a HIDA test. Pretty much I had to stay still for an hour while I was injected with a radioactive liquid. All I am going to say is for a small amount of time I felt worse than the day I went to the emergency room. Yuck! So after that test, I had the pleasure of waiting another day to see if my gallbladder is working or not. Well I found out that my gallbladder is working just fine and I don't have to have an expensive surgery (even though the hida test will put our budget to the test) to get it removed. All the doctor could say is that he "thinks" I "may" have had a really bad stomach flu. Who knows. I am feeling better now. And hopefully it will stay that way.

0 comments: