Monday, April 6, 2009

What a Week!!!

First of all I had to get this picture on this blog. This is Gabriel with Grandma and Grandpa Howe! If Gabe and Grandma have thier ways- he will be spoiled for life. LOL! She loves to hold and cuddle our little boy and Gabriel love the attention. Sometimes I think he may understand how powerful the word Grandma is.
Anyway! Our week started off great! I went to see my friend Kara in the Hospital. She had a huge baby boy (over nine pounds- birthed completely naturally- props to Kara- cause I couldn't do it). He was named Royce James (sorry if the spelling is wrong) and he is such a doll. Gabe seems so huge compared to him and it was fun to hold a somewhat tiny baby again. Well Aaron and I went home that Sunday night and I woke the next day- SICK! UHHH! and to top it off Gabe wasnt feeling great either. He had a terrible cough and snotty nose. Despite being sick, I went to work last week and survived. I don't know if it was because I was sick, but my paranoid mother monster came out. Gabes cough got so bad that he was choking on the snot that was running down his throat. Now I have to mention that Gabriel was still really happy and content. He coughed all of Tuesday night, bothered me but Gabe slept right through it. He coughed all the next day and I finally decided to get an appointment. He went to see the doc and they check breathing, pulse, ears (all probablly to calm my worries) and he was completely okay. The conclusion: He probablly has a little head cold or irritated allergys. The solution: Booger sucking and lots of moisture. The Doc suggested having Gabriel be in the bathroom with us when we take showers and better yet have in be in the shower with us and to use a humidfier every night and give him warm baths every night. The first night we did all three and found out Gabes like showers. He took a shower with daddy (no pictures were taken as proof- not really too appropriate) and was completely content with it. The thing he liked the best about the shower was the water that went in his mouth- he tried to drink every last drop. It was very entertaining. Well all three methods worked and his cough is almost gone. He still has a snotty nose, but he has had those booger since I brought him to Laramie. Maybe it is allergys. I am now feeling better and so is Gabe (much to my relief, I can hang up the parinoid mother monster in the back of my closet- until next time).

On Friday, Aaron celebrated his 29th birthday! I had him open presents after work (he got a hugemongeous bath towel, two wii games, a movie, a maglite, and external harddrive). Sorry to brag, but I think I did good this year. I am a horrible gift giver. Anyway, we went over to Brandon and Dots house for dinner and games and I created a fun cake for Aaron. it was Oreo cakesters (thats what he wanted- I swear!) stacked up high. It was easy and fun to eat. On sunday we went over to his brothers house and had a small birthday with his family.

Okay i am almost done. Gabe is growing so fast and it is so much fun for us to see the process. Over the weekend he discovered himself in the mirror and talked to himself for 15 minutes. It was a blast to watch! And today he rolled on his side. Will he do it again soon? Who know! But it sure made us proud parents.
This is the BEST shirt EVER!

Aaron birthday cake! Yummy! By the way trick candle smoke a lot and we were worried the sprinkler system in our friends apartment my get triggered. It was really funny!


Gabe tollerated yet another photo! Dad looks good! Yum! hehe!




Gabe thinks dad is the best! He is so funny!



5 comments:

Rachel and John said...

What a cutie pie! He has changed so much since I saw him when he was so teeny tiny! He is adorable! How are you liking mommy-hood? I bet you guys are having a blast! Hope all is well! :D
*Rach

Unknown said...

He is getting so big. How fun!

bellanessa said...

oh, sara, gabe is getting sooo big and sooo cute! they grow so fast dont they?! I was looking at some of your older posts too and i love the blue hat and the elmo butt!!! haha!!! and you look great too! Its hard to get into pictures when your taking them most the time isnt it!?

Dot said...

Cute pics of Gabriel! I thought that the Oreo cakester birthday cake was awesome by the way. Yum!

Clay and Joni Kennington said...

Gabe is the most smiley baby! What a cutie. I love the "My mom is hot" shirt. :) Enjoy your little sweetheart.