Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What's for dinner tonight??

So I created a really yummy, easy and cheap dinner tonight. I got the idea from the Rachel Ray show and the back of a can of soup. I kinda mixed em' up a little! Anyway I call them chicken pot pie pockets.

Ingredients
-Refrigerated pie crust (you can get two rolled up in a box in by the refrigerated cookie dough)
-one can of condensed cream of potatoe soup
-1/4 of a cup of milk
-one cup of frozen mixed veggies - thawed
-two five ounce cans of chicken- drained

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix soup, milk, veggies, and chicken in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste (i didnt use any and thought it was very flavorful). Set aside. Take first pie crust out of package and on a floured surface take a rolling pin and roll the dough thinner. Next take a bowl about three to four inches in diameter (or whatever size you want). Dip the rim of the bowl in flour and cut out as many circles as you can. Repeat with the second pie crust. Fill each circle with a litte bit of the chicken mixture. Fold the circle in half and crimp the edges with a fork dipped in flour to close the edges. Cut two small slits in the top of each pocket and brush the tops with wisked egg (I dont really have a tool to do this so I take a paper towel - crunch it up and dip it in the egg and then dab on top of pockets). Bake the pockets between 15 and 20 minutes. Pockets will be done when pie crusts are golden brown. Hint: I lined a cookie sheet with foil so if the pockets leaked any thing, it would be an easier clean up.




If you want a visual the pockets kind of look like mini calzones. And they really easy to make and tasted really good.

So there is not much more going on, except that I went to the doctor today and got my customized foot insoles. Hopefully my feet will start feeling better. I have a good arch in my foot but when I stand up the arch flattens. which pulls and tears muscles near the heel of my foot. The only way to describe how it feel is to imagine that there are shards of glass inbetween my muscle and bone in my heel. Oh it hurts so bad sometimes and then not so bad other times. But like I said hopefully it will get better.

2 comments:

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

Sounds good. I will have to try and make those sometime. You should take pictures of all the stuff you cook. I just started doing that so I can attach the picture to the recipe. Can't wait to see you. love ya sis.

Lea said...

Hi Sara,
Sounds good. Looking forward to your blog. We look at Shanna's at least three times a week.
Love 'ya,
Aunt Lea