Thursday, July 2, 2009

Busy Month

The best picture EVER! LOL. I think he wanted me to stop taking pictures.






Loving all the attention from Grandma and Grandpa Pickett.














Hey, I am cute. Look at me!!!






I have the best Daddy in the World! You can see the love.






My Niece Evelyn who is two days younger than Gabriel. She is so Gorgeous.






Well it has been a very busy month for us. The month of June was fun and frustrating. I finished up work for the summer and I am not looking forward to going back so soon. Aaron is working longer hours at work, playing softball, and trying to keep sane. We had a weekend visit from my dad and step-mom. It was sooooo good to visit with them. It was the second time they have seen Gabe and he was a lot more interactive this time around. It was a lot of fun and Gabe just loves all of his Grandparents. After that visit was when the frustrations kicked in. We hired a lawyer several months ago (we went through a firm in cheyenne). We thought they understood that we wanted finalization to happen on July 9th (six month after relinquishment). Well as of the second week of June, we had not heard anything from the lawyers. We called the lawyer that we were told would be handling our case (lance something) and left messages after messages with no return phone call. I finally called up the office and asked for him and his secretary said he was not in the office. I think she could tell I was frustrated because she asked if there was anything she could help me with, so I explained (calmly) what was happening with our adoption case. She then tells me that Lance does not handle adoption cases and she will find my paperwork and give it to the right guy. Now, Jared, our new lawyer calls us up and says that he just got our paperwork and he gets on the ball with the paperwork right away. He said that the paperwork was just floating around the office and no one had touched our case. Very frustrating. So Jared starts working hard right away, but calls and tells me that we have less then a forty percent chance of getting into the court to finalize before the 18th of July. Now the 18th is a very important date because we planned to go to the temple as a family and also recieve his blessing in our church on the 19th. Both of these ceremonies require the adoption to be finalized beforehand. So to simply put it, I was freaking out. I have friends and family who were taking time off of work and making hotel reservations to come that weekend and I might have to cancel the whole ordeal. I had a small mental breakdown. Any way to sum it up we have finalization on July 16th or 17th. We barely squeezed that one in. I have to give props to my lawyer who worked really hard to get this taken care of so fast.

Okay so inbetween this giant mess, we did manage to have some fun. We took Gabe to the movie theatre for the first time and we watched Monsters vs. Aliens. Gabe stared at the screen, not making a peep, for the first half of the movie and then fell asleep. How cool is that! We also went down to Utah to visit my sister and her hubby. Okay so it was not so much visiting for aaron. He helped scrape, calk, stain, and prime the out side of my sisters home. Aaron really worked his tail off. He did manage to have some fun while we were there. Gabe really enjoy spending time with his cousins and I loved visiting with my sister. It was a good long weekend. I did do some work while were there. I was supposed to teach a workshop for the state of wyoming. I had it all planned out and I stayed up late typing up an outline and emailing it to the cordinator (like I was instructed to in an email). Anyway the next day they send me an email saying that they gave my workshop to someone else. But..... they assigned me another workshop and i would be presenting about condom use. LOL! Ummmmm......first of all they didnt ask if I wanted to do that and since they told about the second workshop several days later, I had already made other plans. In Short I called up and said I would not be doing the presentation, mainly because I was mad, but also because the activity that they wanted me to present was pretty graphic (i would have to explain things in great detail) and I also had other plans. I mean it is pretty comical if you think about it. Can you image me trying to explain to a group of teens how to step by step use a condom---- I don't think so. LOL!

Well a little update on Gabe. He is getting big. Growing way to fast. He is rolling from front to back but not the other way around yet. He is really close though, he rolls most of the way and then cannot quite figure out how to get his head pulled over. He has been trying to crawl a little. he moves his little feet and gets his butt in the air and scoots forward, but has not made the connection to move his arms too. He is talking a lot more and can say Mama, but i dont think he knows what it means. It still makes me feel good. Again sorry for the grammar and long run on sentences, but you will just have to live with it.

2 comments:

Liz said...

He is growing up so fast! Isn't it great that he'll let you go to the movies? Go to as many movies as you can because come 12-18 months, that will halt really fast!

The Howell's said...

He is sooooo dang cute you two!!! We're so sad that we're missing this : (. Hopefully things will work-out and we can come and see you noext month!!! Take care.